Creative and strategic instructional designer with 15+ years combined experience in secondary, higher education, open online, and corporate training; utilizing a variety of multi-media technologies to design learning strategies and develop learning resources to increase learner engagement.
- Research in adult learning theory, curriculum development, and instructional design to stay abreast of thought leaders for new ideas and best practices
- Align messaging to facilitate the adoption of global technology systems & processes
- Collaboration on global teams to meet aggressive project timelines in agile environments
- Project management for the development of a variety of learning & instructional resources (eLearning, interactive PDF) utilizing a variety of multimedia technologies including Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline
- Design learning solutions to address evaluation levels 3 & 4 aligned to key performance indicators.
ERP SYSTEM EXPERIENCE:
- SAP (CRM) / SAP HR/Human Capital Management (HCM) /SAP Success Factors
- Salesforce (Sales Cloud)
2019 – Present Learning Instructional Designer – EY
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across service lines to develop learning resources that align messaging and reduce redundancy of effort
- Translate client business learning requirements into high level learning solutions
- Develop learning strategies & define processes to consistently execute strategies
- Determine development priorities based on alignment to overall strategic goals
- Drive adoption of a common learning content design and development methodology across the organization
- Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships with key stakeholders to influence design standards, tools and processes that facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing
2013 – 2019 Curriculum Developer/Trainer – Sage Software
Development of curriculum for technology and business process training
- Global collaboration with business analysts, subject matter experts, training delivery teams, and target audience members to complete a thorough needs analysis for the development of targeted performance-based learning resources
- Sales Enablement – analysis and documentation of business process; delivery of SAP and Salesforce technical training
- Facilitation of change strategies to encourage the rapid adoption of new systems and processes required for the execution of a multi-year global organizational transformation strategy
- Ongoing testing, validation, and documentation of business processes within SAP and Salesforce training, Quality Assurance (QA), and production technology system environments
- Design and development of presentations, documentation (quick reference guides, technical process guides, workshop facilitator guides, eLearning storyboards), and video (demonstrations & simulations)
- Publication of learning resources to knowledgebase website, SharePoint sites, and intranet site
- Administrator for manager (Skillsoft Leadership Advantage) & colleague (Lynda.com) learning portals; responsible for reporting, aligning content to core competencies, and creating targeted playlists
2014 – Present Adjunct Instructor – Georgia State University, Perimeter College
Delivery of online and face-to-face instruction of Research Strategies and Technology
- Analysis, development, and evaluation of learning resources designed to introduce and reinforce innovative research strategies
- Modeling application of Office 365 file management, word processing, and collaboration tools as well as the use of various Web 2.0 tools to efficiently manage long-term research
- Implementation of online instructional strategies utilizing the Desire2Learn LMS
2012 – Present Course Designer/Facilitator – ABCs of Instructional Design, Open Online Course, Udemy.com
Design and delivery of online instruction of introductory instructional design course
- Practical application of the ADDIE and Understanding by Design (UbD) instructional design models in an open online learning environment
2012 – 2013 Administrative Assistant – Georgia Perimeter College Administrative support to Dean of English Division/Campus Academic Dean
- Increased web and social media presence encouraging faculty engagement around student activities, conferences, publications, scholarly research, and issues impacting higher education.
- Developed division online course sections modeling document sharing, project collaboration, and group discussion using both Blackboard and D2L Learning Management Systems.
- Facilitated co-authoring of curriculum development documents & maintenance of a comprehensive library of current and historical documents utilizing division SharePoint site.
2010 – 2012
Administrative support to Department Chair and Faculty in the Department of English
- Managed student records within BANNER information management system.
- Implemented electronic filing system(s) intended to facilitate easier access to required data, forms, and documents across campuses.
- Created targeted web pages designed to encourage student and faculty engagement by increasing awareness of department sponsored curricular and extracurricular activities.
2006 – 2009 Project Coordinator – DiversiTech, Manufacturer & Distributor of HVAC Products
- Liaison between staff, team leaders, project managers, and technical consultants during a yearlong Oracle technology implementation project. Maintained SharePoint site facilitating the tracking of all information compiled throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Coordinated purchasing and vendor account reconciliation for all vendor relationships related to marketing collateral (i.e. translation services, graphic design, printing services) as well as new or revised product packaging (i.e. labels, boxes, POS items).
- Collaborated with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering departments to produce or revise product collateral. Organized and maintained document libraries housed on intranet and company website to allow easy access to both employees and customers.
2000 – 2006 Marketing Project Coordinator – Hampstead Lighting, European Lighting Distributors
- Recruited & developed a team consisting of staff and outsourced graphic & web designers. Cooperatively designed a database driven website, reducing personnel requirements and operation costs.
- Coordinated print media advertising campaigns in national and regional trade magazines. Collaborated on catalog development and design layout with graphic designer(s).
- Designed and edited monthly newsletters with articles targeted for distribution to sales representatives as well as wholesale and retail customers. Carefully reviewed all documents for brand message consistency.
- Utilized web analytical tools to improve visibility and website search rankings. Addressed internet browser incompatibility issues.
1994 – 2000 Teacher – Gary Community School Corporation
- Instruction of mathematics and the physical sciences to children in grades 7-12
- Member of curriculum planning and development teams for mathematics
2012 M.Ed., Instructional Technology – Georgia Southern University
2003 Web Programming Certification – University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
1994 Bachelor of Arts: Psychology/Biology University of Illinois